Saturday, August 18, 2012

The Sparkle Film

My mother loved Whitney Houston, so I went with my family to see the Sparkle film. Everyone around us said it was such a great film. So, I saw the film. What do I think of it? I think the film showed a lot of what the record industry is all about. The most stirring performance was made by Sister. I think that she acted extremely well. Tika had a great role as the anchor of the sisters and she showed an afro in the film (which showed the unique value of our cultural heritage). Jordin Sparks did a great job and at the end of the movie showed her musical talent greatly. Mike Epps is Mike Epps. Other than some of the language, the film stood out as being very unique. My mother said this film was better than the original Sparkle. My father said that the original was better. I saw the old version and the new version. I think the 2012 Sparkle is even (or just as good) to the older version. The 2012 Sparkle is more modern and the old one shows more adult themes (to put it lightly). The 2012 Sparkle film is the last film of the Sister Whitney Houston. I think the movie was a great film (other than some of the language). From beginning to the end of the film, it had humor and seriousness too. The film was never boring in its entiretly. It showed the joy and pain of the music industry. The movie was a rollercoaster ride of emotion. It is a classic. Irrespective of what we think of the music industry (you know my views), we should never give up on our dreams and strive to follow righteousness in our lives.

By Timothy

No comments: